Join the Capital Region in Celebrating Walk & Roll to School in 2023!
Organize a Walk & Roll to School event in your community and celebrate a healthy, environmentally-friendly way to start the learning day. To find out more, check out the resource links below and view the recording of the information session What You Need to know to Plan a Walk & Roll to School Event in 2023, held on Friday, Nov 4, 2022.
FREE Transportation Safety Materials Order Form - TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK! CHECK BACK SOON!
Create a Roll Model Campaign
Walk & Roll to School Toolkit 2022
Ruby Bridges Walk to School Day is November 14
K-12 Classroom Curricula:
2023 Local Road Safety Education and Encouragement Program
CDTC is seeking applications from Law Enforcement agencies interested in implementing small-scale transportation safety education and encouragement programs.
Application - Applications are due by November 3, 2023
Questions? Contact us!
Bicycle Safety Trainings Grant Program - application period is closed for the 2023 calendar year
This program offers support for local bicycle safety trainings for adults and children. $5,000 is available to assist local governments, k-12 schools, and not-for-profit organizations in implementing small-scale bicycle safety trainings taught by instructors certified by the League of American Bicyclists, referred to as League Cycling Instructors (LCIs).
- Bicycle Skills Training Grant Program Guidelines and Application (pdf)
- Bicycle Skills Training Grant Program Guidelines and Application (doc)
- Mini-Grant Project Gallery
- Download Safety Materials
- See! Be Seen! Materials Request
- Albany County Lending Library Request Form
- AARP Pop-Up Demonstration Toolkit
- New Visions 2050
- NYSDOT Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
- How to Use New Pedestrian Signals
- Plan a Walk Your City Campaign
Local Bike Rescues