The primary goal of CDTC's Complete Streets Workshop Series is to assist local governments with developing and implementing Complete Streets policies and projects. Many communities in the Capital District have developed, and/or are in the process of developing, Complete Streets policies. Also, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the Complete Streets Act (Chapter 398, Laws of New York) on August 15, 2011, requiring state, county, and local agencies to consider the convenience and mobility of all users when developing transportation projects that receive state and federal funding.
Despite local and state regulations favoring Complete Streets, many of our local governments have faced challenges when developing and implementing their policies. The Complete Streets Educational & Technical Assistance Workshops will help our transportation planning practitioners and decision-makers identify and overcome Complete Streets policy and implementation barriers.
These free workshops are highly interactive, with the goal of building local capacity to implement Complete Streets approaches and strengthen relationships between transportation practitioners, other departments, and the community. Key decision-makers, stakeholders, and agency professionals will learn how to more effectively balance the needs of all users and routinely create and maintain Complete Streets.
The workshops are made available to our local governments through a competitive application process, described below. There is no local cost share; however, communities will be required to assist with meeting logistics, including securing meeting space, ensuring key stakeholders will attend, and documenting attendance per CDTC’s in-kind match requirements.
How to apply:
- Choose one Workshop Type (A, B, C, or D) that best fits your community’s needs
- Complete the online Complete Streets Workshop Application Form by going to https://form.jotform.com/cbauer/2020-complete-streets-workshops-app
- Note: your online application will be saved automatically if you do not clear your browser’s cookies and history
- Please be sure to be as specific as possible, and provide examples when appropriate, when you complete the application
- Submit the form - you will receive a confirmation email
CDTC will follow all recommended CDC, State, and local guidelines with respect to gatherings, and adjust the schedule as necessary. The schedule and program are subject to change without prior notice.
2018 Workshop Summaries:
2016 Workshop Summaries: