Ultimate authority for all of CDTC's actions rests with the Policy Board, which operates by consensus. The Policy Board delegates authority to the Planning Committee to recommend plans and programs to the Policy Board for action. CDTC's Policy Board members are encouraged to bring forth issues and concerns at any time -- they are expected to be active participants in the process.
Policy Board meetings are open to the public. The public is welcome to comment on transportation related issues within the Capital District. To register to speak and/ or to request auxiliary aids or services and reasonable accommodations please contact us at: 458-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Request for aids, services, or reasonable accommodations must be made at least seven business days prior to the meeting.
Chair: Mayor Kathy Sheehan, City of Albany
Vice-Chair: Carm Basile, Chief Executive Officer, Capital District Transportation Authority
Secretary: Patrick Barnes, Regional Director, NYS DOT Region-1
To learn more read the Guide to CDTC.
CDTC's Policy Board Members
- Albany County: Daniel P. McCoy, Albany County Executive
- Albany County: Andrew Joyce, Chair, Albany County Legislature
- Albany City: Kathy M. Sheehan, Mayor
- Albany County Airport Authority: Philip F.Calderone, Esq.
- Albany Port District Commission: Patrick K. Jordan, Esq.
- Capital District Regional Planning Commission: Craig M. Warner
- Capital District Transportation Authority: Carm Basile, CEO
- Clifton Park Town: Phil Barrett, Supervisor
- Colonie Town: Paula A. Mahan, Supervisor
- Cohoes City: William T. Keeler, Mayor
- Federal Highway Administration: Richard J. Marquis
- Federal Transit Administration Region-2: Stephen Goodman, Regional Admin.
- Mechanicville City: Dennis M. Baker, Mayor
- NYS Department of Transportation Region-1: Patrick Barnes, Regional Director
- New York State Thruway Authority: Joseph Stahl, Acting Director
- Rensselaer City: Michael E. Stammel, Mayor
- Rensselaer County: Steven McLaughlin, Chair, Rensselaer County Executive
- Rensselaer County: Michael E. Stammel, Chair, Rensselaer County Legislature
- Saratoga County: Theodore T. Kusnierz Jr., Chair, Saratoga County Board of Supervisors
- Saratoga County: Thomas C. Werner
- Saratoga Springs: Meg Kelly, Mayor
- Schenectady City: Gary McCarthy, Mayor
- Schenectady County: Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chair, Schenectady County Legislature
- Schenectady County: Joe Landry
- Scotia Village: Thomas Gifford, Mayor
- Troy City: Patrick Madden, Mayor
- Watervliet City: Charles V. Patricelli, Mayor
As of April 2021
Policy Board meetings are held quarterly on the 1st Thursday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at the CDTC Office (unless otherwise specified). Contact us if you would like to register to speak.
March 4, 2021
Watch the meeting on CDTC's Youtube channel
I. Opening Remarks
A. Draft December 3, 2020 meeting minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .ACTION ANTICIPATED
B. Nominating Subcomittee . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . ACTION ANTICIPATED
III. Privilege of the floor
IV. Presentation by Empire State Passengers Association
V. 2020-2022 Unified Planning Work Program Amendments . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .ACTION ANTICIPATED
A. 2021-2022 Budget Carryovers
VI. Final Public Participation Plan Update & Approval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ACTION ANTICIPATED
VII. 2021-2022 Linkage Program Applications & Recommendations . . . . . . . . . . ACTION ANTICIPATED
X. Status of Planning Activities
F. Albany County Airport Authority
G. Albany Port District Commission
XII. Upcoming Meetings/ Events
A. March 9 - Bike/Ped Advisory Committee *
B. March 17 - Community Planners Forum *
C. April 1- Tools of the Trade: Workshop for Human Services Transportation Providers*
D. April 7 - Planning Committee *
NOTE: Meeting materials available on this web site may not include all materials included in the meeting mail out, such as letters from other agencies and brochures. There may also be materials not available until the meeting, such as handouts and audio-visual presentations.
The Policy Board also maintains an Administrative & Financial (A & F) Standing Subcommittee composed of the CDTC Chairman and other appointees. This subcommittee handles CDTC personnel and housekeeping issues on behalf of the Policy Board.
The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its metropolitan transportation planning process on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or economic status, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations. You may request additional information by contacting CDTC as described below. If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination under Title VI or related statutes or regulations, you may file a complaint to the CDTC by sending your written complaint to Attention: Executive Director, CDTC; 1 Park Place; Colonie, New York 12205, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.