Ultimate authority for all of CDTC's actions rests with the Policy Board, which operates by consensus. The Policy Board delegates authority to the Planning Committee to recommend plans and programs to the Policy Board for action. CDTC's Policy Board members are encouraged to bring forth issues and concerns at any time -- they are expected to be active participants in the process. Policy Board meeting are open to the public.
Chair: Mayor Kathy Sheehan, City of Albany
Vice Chair: Carm Basile, Executive Director, Capital District Transportation Authority
Secretary: Patrick Barnes, Acting Regional Director, NYS DOT Region-1
To learn more read the Guide to CDTC.
CDTC's Policy Board Members
- Albany County: Daniel P. McCoy, Albany County Executive
- Albany County: Andrew Joyce, Chair, Albany County Legislature
- Albany City: Kathy M. Sheehan, Mayor
- Albany County Airport Authority: John A. O’Donnell
- Albany Port District Commission: Patrick K. Jordan, Esq.
- Capital District Regional Planning Commission: James D. Shaughnessy
- Capital District Transportation Authority: Carm Basile, CEO
- Colonie Town: Paula A. Mahan, Supervisor
- Cohoes City: Shawn M. Morse, Mayor
- Federal Highway Administration: Michael Canavan
- Federal Transit Administration Region-2: Marilyn G. Shazor, Regional Admin.
- Mechanicville City: Dennis M. Baker, Mayor
- NYS Department of Transportation Region-1: Patrick Barnes, Acting Regional Director
- New York State Thruway Authority: Joseph Stahl, Acting Director
- Princetown Town: Louis Esposito, Supervisor
- Rensselaer City: Richard Mooney, Mayor
- Rensselaer County: Steven McLaughlin, Chair, Rensselaer County Executive
- Rensselaer County: Michael E. Stammel, Chair, Rensselaer County Legislature
- Saratoga County: Kevin Tollisen, Chair, Saratoga County Board of Supervisors
- Saratoga County: Thomas C. Werner
- Saratoga Springs: Meg Kelly, Mayor
- Schenectady City: Gary McCarthy, Mayor
- Schenectady County: Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chair, Schenectady County Legislature
- Schenectady County: Joe Landry
- Stillwater Town: Edward Kinowski, Supervisor
- Troy City: Patrick Madden, Mayor
- Watervliet City: Michael P. Manning, Mayor
As of March 2019
Policy Board meetings are held quarterly on the 1st Thursday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at the CDTC Office (unless otherwise specified). Contact us if you would like to register to speak.
March 7, 2019
VI. 2019-24 TIP Update Status & Schedule:
IX. Draft 2019-20 UPWP Review & Approval:
June 6, 2019
September 5, 2019
December 5, 2019
NOTE: Meeting materials available on this web site may not include all materials included in the meeting mail out, such as letters from other agencies and brochures. There may also be materials not available until the meeting, such as handouts and audio-visual presentations.
The Policy Board also maintains an Administrative & Financial (A & F) Standing Subcommittee composed of the CDTC Chairman and other appointees. This subcommittee handles CDTC personnel and housekeeping issues on behalf of the Policy Board.