CDTC's Planning Committee has the delegated authority to develop recommendations about transportation plans and programs for the Policy Board. The Planning Committee is composed largely of technical counterparts to the policy members of the CDTC. For example, mayors serve at the policy level while city engineers or planning directors serve on the Planning Committee. The Policy Board has also delegated the Planning Committee authority to approve small-scale changes to CDTC's work program (UPWP) or to the Transportation Improvement Program.
Planning Committee meetings are open to the public. The public is welcome to comment on transportation related issues within the Capital District.To register to speak and/ or to request auxiliary aids or services and reasonable accommodations please contact us at: 458-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Request for aids, services, or reasonable accommodations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
To learn more read the Guide to CDTC.
Feel free to watch current & past Planning Committee meetings on CDTC's YouTube channel!
City of Cohoes
Sandra Misiewicz, AICP
CDTC Executive Director
View Planning Committee Members(as of January 2023)
Meeting - February 02, 2023
II. Visitor’s Issues
III. Presentation – Foursquare ITP “Bus Lane Feasibility Study”
A. Previous Meeting Minutes – January 4, 2023*
B. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Fiscal Constraint – Summary Table 4
(available at meeting*)
V-A 2022-2027 Transportation Improvement Program Amendments*
1. S265, 1761.59, Freemans Bridge Road Multi-Use Path & Sidewalk & S285, 1762.49, Freemans Bridge Road Multi-Use Path Phase II, Town of Glenville, Schenectady County
2. A604, 1085.49, Carman Road Sidewalks, Okara Drive to Just South of East Old State Road & A628, 176261, East Old State Rd Sidewalk Pedestrian Safety Improvements, Town of Guilderland, Albany County
3. R339, 1761.61, NY 2 Corridor Project, NY 2 (Congress and Ferry Streets) from 11th Street West to the Congress St Bridge Ramps & R353, River / Ferry Street Intersection Improvements, City of Troy, Rensselaer County
4. S204, 1758.95, Kings Road (CR65) Over CSX, Bridge Replacement, City of Schenectady, Schenectady County
5. A625, 1941.30, Water St over the D&H Bridge Element Specific Bridge Repairs & A295, 1132.16, NY 155/CR 157 New Karner Rd Corridor Rehab, From US20 to Watervliet Shaker Rd, Towns of Guilderland and Colonie, Albany County
V-B Bridge NY Evaluation Results & Programming Options*
V-C FY2023-24 UPWP Project Evaluation Results & Programming Options*
V-D Draft FY2023-24 UPWP Document to Release for Public Review
V-E US Route 4 over the Hudson River RAISE Grant Support Letter*
V-F Saratoga Street Pedestrian Accessibility & Commercial Corridor Enhancement RAISE Grant Support Letter*
VI-A Carbon Reduction Program Funds & Options*
VI-B Summary of 2022-2027 TIP Project Selection Moves (available at meeting*)
VI-C CDTC Project Delivery Update (available at meeting*)
VI-D NYSDOT Project Delivery Update
VI-E Status of CDTC Planning Activities*
VI-F 2020 Census Urban Boundary
VI-G CDTC ’s New Name
VI-H Status of Regional and Local Planning Activities
5. Albany County Airport Authority
6. Albany Port District Commission
VI-I Upcoming Meetings/Events/Deadlines (tentative)
1. US DOT Webinar on Preparing for Upcoming DOT
Discretionary Grant Opportunities February 8th
2. Active Transportation Planning Advisory Committee February 14th
3. Freight Advisory Committee February 15th
4. TIP Task Force Meeting #2 February 15th
5. 3rd Annual FoSCI Winter Dialogue* February 15th
6. New Visions 2050 Virtual Learning Series February 21st
7. Policy Board March 2nd
CDTC Meeting Schedule -- Includes 2023 Meeting Schedule and TIP Amendment Submission Deadlines.
- Past Meeting Materials
- January 04, 2023
- November 02, 2022
- October 05, 2022
- August 03, 2022
- May 18, 2022
- All Archived Meetings
Materials earlier than 2007 are available upon request.
Contact Us for more information.
NOTE: Meeting materials available on this website may not include all materials included in the meeting e-packet, such as letters from other agencies and brochures. There may also be materials not available until the meeting, such as handouts and audio-visual presentations.
The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its metropolitan transportation planning process on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or economic status, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations. You may request additional information by contacting CDTC as described below. If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination under Title VI or related statutes or regulations, you may file a complaint to the CDTC by sending your written complaint to Attention: Executive Director, CDTC; 1 Park Place; Albany, New York 12205, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.