Join the Capital Region in Celebrating Walk & Roll to School on May 17, 2023!
Organize a Walk & Roll to School event in your community and celebrate a healthy, environmentally-friendly way to start the learning day with CDTC. To learn more, check out the resource links below and view the recording of the information session What You Need to know to Plan a Walk & Roll to School Event in 2023, held on Friday, Nov 4, 2022.
FREE Bicycle & Pedestrian Safety Materials Order Form (offerings will be updated for 2023)
K-12 Classroom Curricula:
Traffic Safety Ambassador Program
This program, a/k/a the Mini-Grants program, funds projects that: 1) create a positive traffic safety culture in the Capital Region, and 2) focus on at least one group of vulnerable road users and/or emphasis area identified in the Local Road Safety Action Plan. Any local government agency, 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, and law enforcement agency within the CDTC area is eligible to apply.
CDTC is now accepting applications for the 2022 mini-grant program. Interested project sponsors are encouraged to review the materials below. Please note that applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the initiative or event.
- 2022 Mini-Grant Solicitation
- 2022 Mini-Grant Application
- Invoicing Template
- Local Road Safety Action Plan
Bicycle Safety Trainings Grant Program - applications due November 30th, 2022 for the 2023 calendar year
This program offers support for local bicycle safety trainings for adults and children. $5,000 is available to assist local governments, k-12 schools, and not-for-profit organizations in implementing small-scale bicycle safety trainings taught by instructors certified by the League of American Bicyclists, referred to as League Cycling Instructors (LCIs).
- Bicycle Skills Training Grant Program Guidelines and Application (pdf)
- Bicycle Skills Training Grant Program Guidelines and Application (doc)
- Mini-Grant Project Gallery
- Download Safety Materials
- See! Be Seen! Materials Request
- Albany County Lending Library Request Form
- AARP Pop-Up Demonstration Toolkit
- New Visions 2050
- NYSDOT Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
- How to Use New Pedestrian Signals
- Plan a Walk Your City Campaign
Local Bike Rescues