Celebrate National Walk to School Day on October 5th!
This year, organize a Walk & Roll to School event in your community and celebrate a healthy, environmentally-friendly way to start the learning day with CDTC. Our Walk & Roll to School Toolkit 2022 is full of information and tools you can use to organize a successful event. Watch the information session with past organizers of local walk and bike to school events. Request youth safety, educational, and promotional materials for your events using our online form.
Capital Coexist Grants
Traffic Safety Ambassador Program
This program, a/k/a the Mini-Grants program, funds projects that: 1) create a positive traffic safety culture in the Capital Region, and 2) focus on at least one group of vulnerable road users and/or emphasis area identified in the Local Road Safety Action Plan. Any local government agency, 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, and law enforcement agency within the CDTC area is eligible to apply.
CDTC is now accepting applications for the 2022 mini-grant program. Interested project sponsors are encouraged to review the materials below. Please note that applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the initiative or event.
- 2022 Mini-Grant Solicitation
- 2022 Mini-Grant Application
- Invoicing Template
- Local Road Safety Action Plan
Bicycle Safety Skills and Maintenance Workshops
This program offers support for local bicycle safety and maintenance education. $5,000 is available to assist local governments, k-12 schools, and not-for-profit organizations in implementing small-scale bicycle safety education and training programs for children and adults taught by instructors certified by the League of American Bicyclists, referred to as League Certified Instructors (LCIs).
- Mini-Grant Project Gallery
- Order Youth Safety Materials
- Download Safety Materials
- See! Be Seen! Materials Request
- Albany County Lending Library Request Form
- AARP Pop-Up Demonstration Toolkit
- New Visions 2050
- NYSDOT Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
- How to Use New Pedestrian Signals
- Plan a Walk Your City Campaign
- Create a Roll Model Campaign
- Walk & Roll to School Toolkit 2022
Local Bike Rescues