The following are additional Statewide Cooperative Initiative (SCI) studies partly funded with CDTC’s PL funds. The SCI program is a joint program of the state’s thirteen MPOs, with funding provided from each MPO and administration provided by a single MPO for each effort on behalf of the group.
1. Statewide MPO Association Staff Support (CDTC administered contract; see Task 1.68)
2. Integrated Transportation and Community Design (CDTC administered contract; see Task 5.85)
3. Bicycle Service Quantification (CDTC administered contract; see Task 5.20)
4. Transit Oriented Development
will include a consultant evaluation of obstacles to achieving “transit
supportive development” in
5. Innovative Approaches to Planning Implementation
This task will include a consultant evaluation of techniques used (a) to ensure that products of planning studies are brought to the TIP table; and (b) to consider non-traditional project types during TIP development. Tentative budget: $100,000.
6. Training for MPO Staffs (continuing)
The NYSMPO will continue to provide for training opportunities for MPO staffs, extending previous successful work with GIS training and freight data training. The 2006-07 budget for this is $150,000.
7. Congestion Management System Research (completed in 2005-06)
8. Intercity Corridor Planning (deferred)
9. Statewide ITS Planning Integration (deferred)
$2,183 (2006/07) and
$2182 (2007/08) of
In addition to the Shared Cost Initiatives, NYSDOT SPR activities are often directly applicable to the Capital District. These have not been identified as of February 2006.