Employment Opportunities at CDTC
February 19, 2013
SECRETARY – Full-time position located in Albany
Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently under general direction as well as in a team environment. Ability to multi-task and knowledge of Microsoft applications, required. Appropriate training and/or education beyond high school and at least four years progressive experience in administrative support are required. A gracious demeanor and the ability to work very well with others are essential to the position.
- Handles the word processing of draft and final reports and correspondence.
- Handles mailings and document reproduction.
- Maintains office filing system and answers telephones.
- Acts as a receptionist for office visitors.
- Orders/requests copies of reports, books, etc., as requested and/or approved by the Executive Director.
- Acts as back-up for other administrative staff.
- Undertakes other miscellaneous duties.
The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York, and the employees of the Capital District Transportation Committee are not state employees. However, CDTC employees do participate in the New York State and Local Retirement System, and do receive fringe benefits that are similar to state employees, including medical and dental insurance; and vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Salary range is $26,530 - $38,073. With proven ability, there is a very high potential for promotion for this employee within 1 – 2 years of hiring.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Send cover letter and resume to:
Capital District Transportation Committee
One Park Place
Albany, New York 12205
CDTC Home Page