• Development of a regional freight profile;
• A review and analysis of future conditions;
• Development of methods for fully integrating freight needs into the CDTC’s overall long‐range planning and short‐range programming process;
• Development of a guiding vision for the region’s freight system;
• Recommendations for optimizing local land use plans and land development policies and ordinances in support of improved freight access and delivery; and,
• Recommendations for future print and web‐based communication tools.
The study is intended to provide analysis and recommendations that will evolve into the freight element of the CDTC’s 2040 New Visions Plan update. In addition, CDTC, in a partnership with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), has received a Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP2) grant to develop a process to effectively collect, integrate, and maintain freight-related data from multiple sources. Finally, the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is in the process of developing a Statewide Freight Plan.