CDTC and numerous safety partners have developed a wide variety of Public Service Announcements (PSAs), Safety Education Campaigns and other resources for use in traffic safety education. The following provides links to some of the most frequently used web based materials by travel mode.
FHWA Proven Safety Countermeasures
FHWA has about 20 safety countermeasures that can be used to address roadway departure, intersection, and pedestrian and bicycle crashes. Visit the Proven Safety Countermeasure webpage for complete details.
See! Be Seen! Campaign for Pedestrian Safety by the NYS Department of Transportation, Department of Health and Governor's Traffic Safety Committee
PSAs - See! Be Seen! Video: Drivers aren't the only ones distracted in traffic today. This video highlights the importance of both drivers and pedestrians paying attention and urges them to See! and Be Seen! Pedestrian Safety: It's no Accident.
See CDTC's Capital Coexist Campaign for bicycle safety resources
Safety Related Planning Documents
New York State Reports
- Pedestrian Safety Action Plan (2016)
- Strategic Highway Safety Plan (2017)
- Highway Safety Improvement Program Report (2017)
- Governor's Traffic Safety Committee Highway Safety Strategic Plan (2018)
- Governor's Traffic Safety Committee Highway Safety Annual Report (2017)